Resources on Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia
- Bright Solutions for Dyslexia, a wealth of information about dyslexia, sharing research, excellent videos, teaching that works, and more
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity, lots of great information on dyslexia and strengths of people with dyslexia
- Research proves that the right type of tutoring does change the brain in children with dyslexia, as this 4-5 minute video explains.
- This great 5 minute video was created by Kristine Stewart Hass of Dyslexia411 for a reading conference in Michigan.
It not only shares the warning signs, but also the common myths -- and needed accommodations -- in 5 short minutes.
- Overcoming Dyslexia, by Sally Shaywitz, MD, (book / audio book)
by Sally Shaywitz, MD, Codirector of the Yale Center for the Study of Learning and Attention
- The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan, by Ben Foss
- The International Dyslexia Association, helpful fact sheets on dyslexia and related language-based learning differences, located under the information tab
- LD Online, "the world's leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD"
- I Have Dyslexia, What Does It Mean? written for children
- Understanding Dyslexia, for Teens, what is dyslexia, what causes it, what is it like to have dyslexia, how is it diagnosed, dealing with dyslexia and What I Know Now As a Teen With Dyslexia
- Books about dyslexia with a short synopsis of each